Monday, September 15, 2014

Bubby



Delaney has a delightful little voice and quite an impressive vocabulary for 15 months old.  Her favorite words are "cracker", "hi", "bye", "cookie", and "no".  And "bubby", for her favorite person in the world, her brother Logan.  Though they are 9 years apart they are inseparable.  Their love brings a smile to my soul and a giggle to my heart. 

Every morning Delaney wakes up asking for Bubby.  This morning I went to her crib and she kept saying Bubby, so I put her down to run off to the living room for morning snuggles.  But she stopped by my bed and pointed on top of the shelf and said "Bubby". 

My heart stopped for a second.  She was pointing directly to our Colton bear from Molly Bears (http://www.mollybears.com/).  I hadn't shared the bear with her yet, as she's too young to understand what it represents.  This beautiful bear was made to weigh exactly the same as Colton, 5lb 7oz.  He's beautiful and perfect and really brought me peace to receive and hold. 

I asked her "Do you want to see Bubby?" and she responded with a quick shake of her head, pointed to the bear again, and said Bubby.

I handed her the bear (which almost toppled her over at a quarter of her own weight!) and she hugged the bear so tight and said, in her sweetest little voice, "Hi".  She gave the bear a kiss, sat on the floor with it, and hugged it again. 

Somehow, I know she knows what that bear represents.  Somehow, I know her Bubby Colton is never far from her.

I hope to get a picture of them together soon and will share then.  Today, though, I just soaked up the love, the peace, and the joy from Delaney cuddling her "Bubby". 

No comments:

Post a Comment