Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Who Would You Be?

I wonder, often, who would you be?

What kind of personality would you have? Would you be introverted or extroverted?

Athletic or intellect or a balance of both?

A lefty? What would your voice sound like?

Would you have dimples? Would you smile bright or smirk a little grin?

What would your favorite breakfast be?  Do you like snacks?

What would be your favorite toy? book? song? color?

I wonder because you would have answers to these things now. You would be four this year and your personality would be well established.  We could have little conversations where I could see the bugs and trees and flowers through YOUR eyes.  Where imagination would lead our lives and wonder would be a marvelous treat. 

The other day I was talking with a friend and her son was wandering and looking around. He's almost your age and while we spoke my eyes wandered to him, my thoughts to you.

I wish I could have known all these things about you, my sweet Colton. I wish I knew your eye color, if your hair stayed curly or straightened, what your smile looked like, and - almost more than anything - what your little giggle and voice sounded like. 

I miss you. Every day.  Even almost four years later I miss you.  There isn't a single day I don't think about you and wish you were part of my day, more than just a thought. 

I wish, so much, I knew who you would be.  Instead I dream and will always wonder.

No comments:

Post a Comment