Sunday, May 4, 2014

Walk In Faith

Today is International Bereaved Mother's Day. This past month I have faced more challenges and tests of my faith and hope than I sometimes think I can bear.

Today, especially, I focus on hope. Every day when I leave work I'm accosted by butterflies. Beautiful, vibrant, playful butterflies and I feel a rush of joy and peace and feel a whisper on their wings of comfort.

Delaney, my sweet joyous Delaney... her smile lights up the world. Her little voice saying momma and her little slobber kisses make the craziest days beautiful.

And, most important, at the end of the day when I lay down in the quiet I can tell myself I did the best I could today. I know that I shuffled forward, I appreciated my children, I loved them, and I loved me.

It's a continual journey and battle. I just remained focused in walking in faith.

No comments:

Post a Comment