Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Words

Words are the most powerful tool - and weapon - we have. 

We can build with them, or destroy with them.

I am learning that some use words as weapons (of mass destruction).

I am learning that some have the kindest touch and softest caress.

I am learning to be discerning in the words I use, who with, and when. 

I am learning, too, when silence can speak more than any words.

I am learning to protect myself.

You cannot take back words when they are spewed. You cannot say just kidding, I was just upset, or I didn't mean it.

Bruises of the skin heal much quicker than bruises of the heart.  Be gentle and kind in the things you say because you cannot imagine the pain they could convey.




4 comments:

  1. You should probably remember that when spewing hate yourself. I recall one if my bffs being on the receiving end of your "weapons of mass destructions." I know you probably think you know who I am, but I'm not her and I will say what she is too kind to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you read all of the entry you'll see I state I'm learning. I'm far from perfect and - when put into very painful situations - I am very guilty of reacting before thinking. I am holding MYSELF accountable and trying to become a better person. I have never claimed no faults. Regardless of what you or your "friends" think, my blog is for and about ME and how I feel, not directed to others, and solely for MY growth. If anyone else learns, grows, gets pissed, or feels a reflection then may it help them as well. Additionally, there are many sides to every story. I am not justifying my action, but everyone carries their own fault and responsibility. Or should. I certainly do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Also, in the future, if you'd like to be acknowledged please have the courage not to hide behind "anonymous". I challenge everyone to be brave and stand behind what they say as well. Otherwise, it's just a cry in the dark from someone with no conviction behind their words. Bless your heart, and may you find peace. Whomever you are.

    ReplyDelete
  4. People sure have a lot to say when they can hide behind anonymity! This isn't High School...

    ReplyDelete