Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Life is a Game



Life has thrown me some curve balls.  I have caught myself in pickles moving from base to base when I should have stayed safely where I was or committed to going all the way.  I have struck out, I have walked.  I have swung for the fences. I have scored. I have been tagged out.  I have felt victory, I have felt defeat. 

But I have played the game. I keep going up to bat. I keep swinging for the fences, and accepting whatever outcome plays out.

Life isn't meant to be sat on the benches.  Life is played inning by inning, each with a new chance. 

The only way to succeed, the only way to be victorious, is to participate.

I love my team.  It's a little team, but it's mine, and it's perfect.  I have all the equipment I need to succeed, and all the cheerleaders I need in defeat.

Some days are harder than others. 

I say suit up. Get in the game.  You cannot compete in this crazy world without taking a swing and shooting for the stars.

No comments:

Post a Comment