Wednesday, May 7, 2014

I wonder.. .. ..

I wonder if I resemble the person I once was. I wonder if, with all I've experienced, all I've done, all I've broken, all I've healed, all the whirlwind of this life .... I wonder ...

I look at others and sometimes think "who the hell are you and why didn't I see this before?!".  And then, in a brief second I see a flash and think"Oh, there you are", with a gentle, somber heart. 

I wonder if others feel that way about me too?

I wonder in this great big world of love and hate, receiving and giving, celebration and grieving ... are we ever the same as the day before? The week before? The year before?

There's a saying that "people never change".  Why surely we all do, every day...

I was once told that, in all relationships, we either grow together or we grow apart.  The point being, we are always growing.  Sometimes it's just not in the same direction.

I think that there are life situations that deter us from our path.  Sometimes minor bumps in the road.  Sometimes a full on sink hole that sucks us down into an abyss.

I wonder .. .. ..

I wonder if people can ever forgive and remember people as they were before these detours. I wonder if people can truly step outside of themselves, outside of their emotions, outside of their pain, and find empathy for others.

I wonder if we all took step back and looked at each other with hearts that stripped away mistakes, cruelties, anger, and hate ... I wonder if we could remember ... I wonder if we can forgive.

I wonder if people can stop anger and hate and think "I loved you at one time".  And while that doesn't change the past, could it change the future? Could it allow people to say "I'm sorry" and it be accepted as truth and their faults forgiven?  Why do we, as a society, find it so easy to condemn, and so hard to forgive? Why do we hold on so tight to anger and let go of love so easily?

I wonder .. .. ..





1 comment:

  1. Of course you are not the same person you once were. You are forever changed. All of us must change. If we don't, we grow stale.

    Always remember that just when the caterpillar thought it's life was over, it became a butterfly!

    ReplyDelete