Friday, April 18, 2014

Destruction

You, my sweet, are entwined in my soul.

You are part of every breath I take,
Every laugh I make,
Every tear at stake.

The silence of your heart
Tore me apart

The silence in the night
Stole my light

The night you left my womb,
The agony did consume

The calm in the air
I could no longer care

Captive by the longing
Following paths into wronging

Others who I loved, who I also missed
I was so lost, so sad, so pissed

I lost you, lost me
Why couldn't anyone else see?

The pit was deep, destroying, and dark
The bite of anger much worse than the bark

All gone now, the past did crumble
Only a sorry, so meek, could I mumble

Rock bottom is softer than the hell
Of losing it all, the abyss in which I fell

I reach to you,
Will you grab my hand too?

You, my sweet, are entwined in my soul.
Pull me toward your light, out of this hole.


No comments:

Post a Comment